This Cinnamon Monkey Bread is truly a splendid recipe if you have a sweet tooth. It is sticky, yummy and light! It’s a GREAT Sunday morning treat for the family.
It was a recipe that I found a couple of years ago on a website called The Jones Way and it is originally called Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring. I prefer to call it Monkey Bread because of it’s pull-apart nature. This original recipe calls for the use of nuts which I have omitted!
Here is what is included in this wonderful recipe! (See full recipe below)
- 2 tubes of Pillsbury Biscuits
- Brown sugar
You will first want to set your oven to 375 degrees. Combine the syrup and and melted butter in one dish. Now, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon and in a separate dish. Place about half of the Maple syrup and butter combo on the bottom of a bundt cake pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
Now you can add about half of the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
You are now ready to start over-lapping the individual biscuits on top of the mixture. I used 1 1/2 of the tubes of the biscuits.
It’s now ready to have the rest of the syrup and sugar mix on top of it.
This is going to go into the oven for about 20-25 minutes. All ovens are not created equally so start checking at the 20 minute mark so not to overcook the Cinnamon Monkey Bread. It should be golden brown and all kinds of BEAUTIFUL!!
Once you take it out of the oven you can transfer it onto a plate of your choosing but placing that plate on top of the bundt cake pan and flipping it over! You will have something like this…
This luscious creation is sure to please the taste buds! It is light and fluffy and oh so YUMMY!
Just in case you would like a closer look…
Don’t forget to run over to The Jones Way website for more details. I am so glad I found this recipe. It is loved by many in my family!!!!
Until my next post,
- 2 small tubes refrigerator biscuits
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup pancake syrup
- ⅓ cuppacked light brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a bundt cake pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine the melted butter and syrup in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a different bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Place half of the syrup mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture on top.
- Lay the biscuits on the bottom of the pan, overlapping edges (closely together) to form a ring.
- Top it with the remaining syrup and sugar mixtures.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute in the pan.
- Invert onto a serving platter!
- Pull apart and ENJOY!!