WARNING: CHOCOHOLICS BEWARE!
I wanted to share the Most DELICIOUS Chocolate Cake recipe that I discovered from a website named The Stay At Home Chef and let me just say, YES, IT IS THE MOST DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE CAKE I have ever had! It is rich but light and so absolutely moist!
This recipe creates a truly decadent dessert! It will DEFINITELY be a crowd pleaser!
Let’s get to the good stuff. (See full recipe at the bottom)
First, you will want to combine the dry ingredients and mix.
Once the dry ingredients are well combined, add in the wet ingredients and beat with a beater until the batter is smooth. It should only take a minute or two.
I split the batter evenly into 2 9×13 rectangular baking pans and placed them into the oven that was preheated to 350º.
The cakes took about 27 minutes to cook, but I started checking at 25 minutes to ensure they didn’t overcook! I suggest doing the same because not all ovens are the same!
I let them rest for about 15 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to completely cook.
Once they are completely cooled, it’s time to assemble the double-decker. I made the frosting from scratch because I have a corn allergy and cannot eat the store bought frosting. Whatever your favorite frosting of choice is, it will work perfectly, have no fear!
So I placed a thin layer of frosting between the two cakes, then, frosted all away around it all. It turned out like this…
Let’s take a closer look…
Or maybe this angle is better…
All I can say is that it is all kinds of WONDERFUL! This is where it began…
And this is where it ended LOL!!! Thankfully, I had lots of help from my hubby!
If you or someone you know is a chocoholic, you NEED to check out this recipe!!!!!
Try it out and let me know!
Until my next post,
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1½ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 1½ cups warm water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2 9 x 13 rectangular baking dishes.
- Mix together the dry ingredients - flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, warm water, oil, and vanilla. Beat together on a medium speed until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly among the 2 baking pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Verify that a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Once they are COMPLETELY COOLED, you are ready to assemble.
- Frost the top of one cake before adding the other on top of it. This will add a yummy layer between the cakes.
- Once you have placed the 2nd cake on top of the first, frost the whole thing!