Quick and Easy Beef Chili Recipe
Today, I will be sharing another one of our favorite recipes, Quick and Easy Beef Chili Recipe. This is a regular in our house because it is, you guessed it, quick, easy and DELICIOUS!!
I start off with these ingredients…
This is a new spice that I tried from Cabela’s sport store called Sriracha and Onion. It adds some heat to the chili which we enjoy. Please feel free to omit it.
This is a chopper that I found at a discount store ages ago and I still use it all the time. It saves a TON of time in chopping vegetables and makes everything a uniform size. I LOVE THAT!
So I like to cut my onion in half then place it on the chopper then give it a good bang and BLAMO, perfectly chopped onions and NO TEARS! If you are cutting them by hand, simply cut them into small pieces, according to your preference.
I then do the same with the green pepper. Of course, wash, seed and then chop it up into small pieces or use the chopper like I have here.
Perfect! Now we are going to get cooking! Place the cut up onion and green pepper and 3 cloves or garlic in a frying pan with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook for about 5 minutes until they are translucent.
Now you are ready to add the ground beef. I used 2 small packages, because that’s all they had at our little grocery store. I typically would get a family pack of ground beef. They are pretty much equivalent to each other. Place the beef into the frying pan with all the spices and mix well.
Once the beef is cooked, you will need to strain away all the extra fat.
In a large pot, add 2 cans of diced tomatoes, the cooked beef mixture and 1 can of red kidney beans.
Now you will let that simmer on medium heat for about 30 minutes. It’s a good idea to stir and taste test the chili (my favorite part!) while it is simmering to ensure that you haven’t washed away all the yummy spices from the straining process. Feel free to top up to your liking. In our house, we have chili with pasta and a wee dollop of butter that adds some creaminess. This is a great make ahead meal that freezes very well so it’s great for busy humans on the go.
LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe!
Quick and Easy Meat Chili Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil (any oil will do)
- 1 chopped green pepper (any color bell pepper will work deliciously)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can red kidney beans (rinsed)
- 1 tbsp Tex Mex spice
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp Goya Adobo All Purpose Seasoning WITH cumin (found in the multicultural section of most grocery stores)
- 1 tsp Goya Sazonador Total seasoning
- 1 tsp celery seed (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha and Onion spice (optional)
- Pepper to taste (optional)
- Place oil, chopped onion, pepper and crushed garlic in a frying pan and sauté until the onions are translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and spices and cook through. Strain.
- Add canned tomatoes, kidney beans and meat mixture to a large pot. Simmer for about 30 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add chili over pasta, with a dollop of butter (also optional) for creaminess.
Quick and Easy Meat Chili. It’s what we are having for supper tonight. What are you having?