This is my guide of What to do in Dania Beach Florida! I recently returned from a short holiday to Dania Beach Florida, to visit my folks. It was so nice to warm up my bones! While I was there, we did things that I had never seen before and went to restaurants that I had never eaten at before! It was a wonderful 5 days!
Here is a rundown of the things you can do if you are in Dania Beach!
- The Casino @ Dania Beach is located at 301 E. Dania Beach Blvd. You can find the link here. This was a great way to spend an hour or two on a chilly day in Dania. This casino has many Vegas style slot machines and card tables along with several restaurants. It also houses concerts and comedy shows. It is very spacious and clean with ample parking. (Photo from david iturbide @iturbidedavid ).
2. Dr. Von D. Mizell-Eula Johnson State Park is located at 6503 N Ocean Dr, Dania Beach. You can find the link here. The park is open from 8AM–6PM daily. It is a beautiful park that has ample parking, large beautiful shaded spots to eat lunch. It is clean and quiet and a great place to spend the day. There is also a beautifully kept boardwalk to stroll on as demonstrated by my folks below.
Its also a wonderful place to watch all the cruise ships disappear into the distance! We were able to see 4 huge majestic cruise ships leave the bay. They are first escorted out of the bay by the Pilot and the Coast Guard.
As they pass they blow their iconic horns and off they go into the Atlantic Ocean.I never realized that the ships were SO BIG! They truly are an all encompassing town on the water!
3. Grampa’s Bakery & Restaurant. You can find the link here. It is located at 17 SW 1st Street, Dania. This is a wonderful place for breakfast or lunch. It was also featured on an episode of Diners, Drive-In’s and Dives with host Guy Fierri! We rolled in for a quick bite and I had a BLT, which was 3 times the size of a regular BLT. It was all kinds of scrumptious. My mom had a Minestrone soup that was a full meal in a bowl, which she said was absolutely delicious! (Photo by tripadvisor.com)
4. Gulfstream Park & Casino, located at 901 S Federal Hwy, Hallandale Beach is another thing that is note worthy. Outside this casino is the gigantic Pegasus and Gargoyle statue. Here is the link. It is 11 stories high, weighs 473 tons and cost 18 million to create! It is FABULOUS! The day we were there it was raining and we couldn’t get close to it but the magnitude of this statue is unbelievable. (photo taken from www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-pegasus-in-the-dark-hallandale-20150423-story.html)
5. GG’s Waterfront Bar and Grill is a lovely place to eat lunch or dinner. Follow the link here. It is right on a canal and when sitting outside you are quite literally eating on the water! While there for lunch, I had a Shrimp Cocktail. The shrimp were HUGE and the sauce was spicy. Yummy! (Photo from giorgiosgrill.com)
So much fun to watch all the boats go by and the service was amazing! This restaurant offers Valet parking as well.
6. I have saved the BEST for last. COCO ASIAN BISTRO & BAR, located at Harbor Shops, 1841 Cordova Road, Fort Lauderdale. The link can be found here. This restaurant had THE BEST CHICKEN PAD THAI I HAVE EVER EATEN! (photo from tripadvisor.com)
The staff were very hospitable, the ambiance was warm and welcoming. It was busy but not loud and all of the employees went beyond what was necessary! So for starters, we began with Steamed Asian Dumplings! One word…wonderful! I then proceeded to eat Chicken Pad Thai. I hope to experience that kind of perfection again. It was so luscious, so delicious and full of flavor! 2 words… ABSOLUTE PERFECTION! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
This is a picture from their website. I ate all of mine before I remembered to take a picture of it! That’s how yummy it was!!! We then moved to dessert. We ordered Asian Thai Donuts which consists of 5 deep fried donuts that you dunk into a sweet sauce made from the heavens. Our whole experience at Coco Asian Bistro was just amazing!
These are some of the things that we did but there are SO MANY other things to do in Florida. Let’s not forget a visit to the Ft. Lauderdale beach…
I hope you enjoy this post and maybe one day get enjoy the many things to do in Dania Beach, Florida.
Until next time,